Friday, March 30, 2012

Santa Fe Kitchen
Day 39

© A.K.SIMON - Santa Fe Kitchen - 6" x 6" - oil on linen panel


click to bid in auction

This is a little "homey", herbacious scene set up by Donna in our  "Upstairs Painters" class. It was at a very weird angle for me so I probably should have moved my chair. I do love the colors of the Southwest and the beautiful glazed pottery in the set up. I was fortunate enough to visit Santa Fe a few years ago and was blown away by the reverence for art (and artists) they have in New Mexico (made it up to Taos too). I honestly think I could make a home in a city that has over 250 art galleries. I saw some of the most beautiful art I have ever seen there, including an original, life-size piece by Daniel Gerhartz and some original Calvin Liang plein air work. If you ever get the chance to see Santa Fe, don't hesitate to spend several days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...