Sunday, March 4, 2012

Salty Caramel
Day 26

© A.K.SIMON - Salty Caramel - 5" x 7" oil on masonite


Not too long ago Canal Winchester got an official cupcake store. Who would have ever thought that you could make a business out of just selling cupcakes?  Well, once someone decided to get really creative with the idea of adding fabulous flavors to cake which had heretofore been "mock sponge," they got my attention. Being a pie person I was skeptical of even trying the "new" cupcake varieties. I know, I'm really behind the times but I'm the kid who always asked for cookies or pie for my birthday! Now look at how far I've come! This was so good it deserved it's own stage with spotlight and all. Sorry to say though that the amount of cobalt violet in the shadows is not translating that well online. I do say that this subject matter needs further exploring - I believe "banana split" is in my near future.

Oh too, that avoiding sugar for lent - not going so well - there is now a giant "divet" in that frosting where that delicious salty carmel once was - of course there was a little frosting and cake on there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...