Sunday, February 26, 2012

Red on Red
Day 20

© A.K.SIMON - Red on Red - 6"x6" oil on linen panel

sold

This, a study of red, is most interesting to me because of the highlights and shadows in the vase. You don't know the place but the shadows in the vase speak of the long narrow room with the window off to the side. The tiny little highlights are the overhead lights that run the length of the room. I just like the mystery involved in the vase, who is there and what may be happening in the blurred reality. The bird was glass and had a gold wing. I struggled to make it less vivid so I toned the wing back to a lighter red. I hate to say it Connie, but this is one ugly glass bird. I just couldn't leave  the piece all red though - had to add that little bit of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...