Sunday, February 19, 2012

Anthurium in Pink Wrapper - 6 x 6
Day 14



sold

Walking through Meijer (an Ohio & Michigan department store) the other day this fabulously beautiful plant caught my eye. The flowers (if that's what they are called) stand up like male birds trying to attract a mate (can you tell I've been watching the Planet Earth DVDs). They stand high above the other leaves and refuse to be ignored. And, not only is the plant attractive, it is wrapped in this two-toned pink and red wrapper. The powers that be are going to make sure we consumers don't miss this one.

I have two voices, an inside and outside. This painting is definitely done in my outside voice. This really is a quick study painting and I do have some other compositions planned for this same plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...