Saturday, February 11, 2012

Onion Vase

©A.K.SIMON - Onion Vase - 6"x6" oil on linen $40

Again with the drama - Red against white is so appealing to me. Everything else in the painting takes a back seat. Someone recently asked me about these last few paintings and why are they so "up close." I explained that I paint these all from life. These works are from a larger still life setup done by Donna Noice at our loft painting sessions on Tuesdays.  I hone in on a small section of it and try to make a good, closeup composition in a limited time frame.  A "mouse over" view I call them. I must be judicious with my time because these works are done alla prima (wet on wet) in whatever timeframe I have and need to be completed that day. After all, aren't all paintings "mouse over" views? You never really get the whole picture no matter how much of the scene is painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...