Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Favorite Things



©A.K.SIMON - My Favorite Things - 8"x10" oil on linen $150





If I really have a favorite color it would be green. But, green has so many variations how could  I possibly choose? This painting has clear red glass which is so striking juxtaposed to a fragile white tea cup. They constantly fight for your attention, sort of like husbands and children! But I digress. This painting speaks of "femaleness" to me. The teacup fragile and small but willing to take the lead, the bold red saying, "I may be in back but I will be noticed," and who could forget the ever-present "pepto-bismol" pink that has become associated with breast cancer awareness. "Frooffy" female painting, I think not! Fragile but fierce is a better expletive.


Please support better healthcare research for all female illness and disease

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...