Friday, January 20, 2017

It's All About The Shapes (Produce in a box series)





©A.K.Simon Art - 6"x6"oil on Ampersand Gessobord

Day 20 -  30 in 30 challenge https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog

Just taking some time to play with composition and shapes. I've set up a series of tomato still life with the produce in a box. Why? Not sure why but I was playing with shape and spacial relationship then it occurred to me that all produce is shipped in boxes, so why not? And, because I also make jewelry and have some small jewelry boxes in my studio, this tomato (a jewel itself) ended up in a box sitting on a bed of cotton. The background is scrap book paper. Not sure how successful it is to others but I like this painting because it definitely pops from across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...