Monday, January 6, 2014

Returning Home


©A.K.SIMON - Returning Home - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100

Right before I got married almost 34 years ago, I returned home for the summer. My lease was up on my apartment and there was only two months before I would be married. So, I moved back in with my mother and stepfather. I have decided, once you leave its borders, you can never return again. Nothing was the same, I had grown beyond my home.

 So, here is the quote for today: “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” 
― Cindy Ross

This piece was a struggle and I feel that shows in the work. But, is that a bad thing? There is quite a bit of texture that's lost in the picture and many different kinds of marks. Sure it could be more successful, but it's where I am today and I cannot change that! On to tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. No struggle in the process shows up at all! Honest. But I so totally agree with you. I still look at a finished painting, long past dried yet still on the drying shelf, and don't like it…probably due to the struggle. Others tell me they love it. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, my motto is, "if it isn't sold it isn't done." I am continually fixing something. . . very few make it past day two without fiddling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...