Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Touch of Nature




© A.K.SIMON - A Touch of Nature - 8"x8" oil on linen SOLD

Day 22 in 30 in 30 days - http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.  William Shakespeare

Playing around with some landscape paintings. I used to paint them all the time but decided they were awful and put my nose to the grindstone for two years painting only still life. Now I want to get back to using some of what I learned about light into my nature scenes. This is a study for a larger painting. It has the feel of the place for me. This is a waterfall in Mohican State Park in Ohio.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That is truly all that needs to be said!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a good bit of talent to successfully paint falling water. This is really incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol - or a little bit of talent and a lot of luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...