Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Glowing Peony
#83

©A.K.SIMON - A Glowing Peony - oil on cotton panel - $60 SOLD


Okay, because I still could, I painted today. And, in honor of the continuation of our planet - I'm offering a $40 discount on this painting just because I know there can and will be more of them. As long as the flowers bloom in the spring, there is hope! This peony was in the window of the studio of a friend and the backlight was amazing. And, because I am a glutton for punishment, I decided to paint this. Peonies are my nemesis. I know there is some order to their growth but sometime between when I start and when I finish I lose that order! This one (two I should say but the second one is facing away) had a glow I liked when finished and a feel of warmth that seems inviting to me. And, I think it bears some semblance to a peony. Done deal for now, but the subject matter will be revisited.

2 comments:

  1. I am on peony quest too. I call it Peony quest the 2012 edition. Soon it will be the 2013 edition.
    A white peony is the goal ..overall shape and shadows no individual petal work.
    I think you have mastered it here. I am off to work on one right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jo, I even went so far as to plant them so I could paint them while they are still growing and watch their growth. I have not had one bloom yet. Every year they get too much rain and develop a fungus and die before they bloom. Thanks for the compliment and I wish you nothing but the best in your peony quest!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...