Friday, February 14, 2014

The Garden's Own Sunshine

©A.K.SIMON - The Garden's Own Shine - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100



Happy Valentine's Day

Quote for the Day: Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed. ~Walt Whitman

Here we go again my nemesis! I absolutely love peonies but they don't seem to want to grow for me. I started this painting a while ago and finished it today. On my "to do" list for this year is to dig all those paintings off the closet floor (and I say dig because there is a pretty big pile). The ones deemed "potential-less" will be primed over! I thought it appropriate to paint a flower for valentine's day so this one got finished. I would rather have a peony than a rose anyway (no disrespect to the rose). I worked really hard on this one to "not" make monotonous edges. However, because I am intimidated by the flower it took way longer than I anticipated. I have to say that the underpainting from the first session made a nice surface on which to finish the painting. I think I got closer to my emotional feel for the flower on this one than I have ever before. It was a good learning experience today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...