Thursday, February 13, 2014

Quiet Memory


©A.K.SIMON - Quiet Memory - 8" x 8" oil on linen - $100



Quote for the day: "The colors live a remarkable life of their own after they have been applied to the canvas."  Edvard Munch

This is a set up (or a part of one) from Donna in our upstairs painting class. This was so appealing to me because it was mostly gray/green. The painting does look better than this picture (someday I'm going to get this right). I took many liberties with the colors but tried to stick to the value patterns. I love the quote by Munch because it is how I often feel when finishing a painting. Though there was a reference and many times I use local color, the painting takes on life of its own. This one looks like a quiet memory, faded and aged but still there.


2 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. I like the simpleness of the color scheme. Years ago I visited someone in Hawaii who had decorated her house entirely in white. Even her cut flowers and flowering plants were in white. Wall art included. She would love this as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I know many people shy away from gray but I find it heartwarming!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...