Saturday, December 28, 2013

Fiesta Forever

©A.K.SIMON - Fiesta Forever - 8"x8" oil on linen $100



I am so surprised that I had never seen one of these pitchers before. This piece was rescued by an artist friend from a junk pile. Can you believe it? Who would throw something this cool away? This pitcher is such an awesome shape that I had to paint it. Then when people started seeing it in the studio they commented on the fact that they collect Fiestaware, or they have a pitcher like this in another color. Where have I been?! I love this stuff and the whole art deco period.  I can hear my husband now, "focus Annette, do we really need more stuff to sit around?" Oh, and the champagne glass is just to celebrate this awesome shaped pitcher. And, the persimmons had been sitting in the studio so long they were rotten. Does anyone else buy props and they rot or die before you get around to painting them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...