Friday, April 13, 2012

The Golden Spoon 6"x6" oil on linen panel
Day 43

©A.K.SIMON - The Golden Spoon 6"x6" oil on linen panel

sold

Nothing worse than disappointing yourself. My best laid plans to post a painting everyday have been really disrupted. Someone once told me, "life is what happens while you are busy making plans." A few things happened - a trip, a small art opening, poster work for a community art stroll and a temporary full-time job which will be over the end of next week. Oh, and add dog-sitting for my son which I am thoroughly enjoying. I am enjoying Leo's unconditional love (non-stop, he is a Lab)! And, I forgot Easter, zumba, yoga, Tuesday painting class and Wed. evening anatomy and human figure drawing class.

Since I did make it to "Tuesday's Upstairs Painters" and finished this piece, I am putting it into the auction. At the beginning of class Donna made mention of her lovely golden spoon so I named the painting after something seemingly unimportant to the picture but not to Donna. The lilacs smelled heavenly and were just off to the left in a very detailed basket, which I knew would be too labor intensive for the time I had. Connie finished a beautiful painting of the whole scene because she paints at "warp" speed. I'm going to have to start making quicker decisions (better ones too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...