Monday, February 13, 2012

Hotter Than a Habanero

©A.K.SIMON - Hotter than a Habanero - 6"x6" oil on linen $40


First, let me just say I did it! I made it through the whole week blogging and posting paintings every day. It really has not been that easy and I have a renewed, great respect for those of you who have been doing it for years. Whew, how do you do it? I do know that I have learned a little about myself in the process so that can't be all bad.


Also, my sincerest thanks to all of you who have been sending such nice comments about the work and to those of you who are now subscribed to the blog or following my auctions on http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/a.k.-simon-2572. Your support of my efforts means so much to me. Painting has always been my dream and I am so fortunate to have loving family and friends who tolerate my addiction (and enable me).


Now, about this painting: these three guys were sitting on the studio table at the base of the easel opposite of where I was struggling with another still life. My eye caught the strong light and in one fell swoop with my ever-ready bounty paper towel, I wiped off what was there and this became its replacement. I often find it better when I'm struggling to just wipe it off and start over with something new. Sometimes the painting is better because of that nice underpainting. You'll never catch me eating one of these though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...