Friday, October 4, 2013

Donna's New Vase

© A.K.SIMON - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100


Some artist friends went to Gatlinburg, TN to paint a few weeks ago and Donna bought this beautiful soapstone vase from an artist/s studio there (sorry I don't know his name). It's such a beautiful piece and I'm sure I didn't do it justice because I chose not to include the beautiful veins running through it but I thought it would be too busy with all the dried pods. This group of friends have been traveling to TN every year for probably more than 20 years. They are all artists and spend the week just doing whatever they want and dining on the fabulous food at the Buckhorn Inn http://www.buckhorninn.com/. This Inn is very "artist friendly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...