Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jack is in the Pulpit Today
#64

© A.K.SIMON - Jack is in the Pulpit Today - Oil on Linen - $60


SOLD


I had heard about the Jack in the Pulpit plant many times in my life and had probably seen it but didn't really pay much attention to it until this past spring when Joann Swartz invited me on her property to see hers. She knows that I love flowers of all kind so she invited me to come to her land (much is very wooded) and view some of the amazing spring wild flowers. The plant grows in the shade of the woods and looks very "chartreusy" when the sun is shining through it. The stamen (Jack) actually stands behind the curled over leaf. Huh maybe it should be Jack hides in the Pulpit and that could have a whole new philosophical meaning. Regardless, another one of nature's amazing plants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...