Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peace Keepers
#61

© A.K.SIMON - Peace Keepers - 6" x 6" - oil on panel - $100

Peace roses are absolutely gorgeous! Their many layers of luminosity have mesmerized me since I was young. We always had peace roses and I remember wondering when I was young what made them open. I also remember taking advantage of the opportunity to study the japanese beetles who devoured the leaves because not too many people used "Grubex" back in those days. 

Peaceful indeed - they have a peace that passes understanding and one only need study them to understand the majesty and superiority of nature. 

I'm trying out some of the "Dick Blick Artboard Panels" so there is a strong surface texture that runs through the thinner parts of the paintings - not too sure how I feel about that yet. This painting is one of my favorites because the luminosity I sought is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...