Friday, April 10, 2015

Fallen from Grace


©A.K.SIMON - Fallen from Grace - 9"x12" on wood panel - $200



“They are not long, the days of wine and roses. Out of a misty dream, our path emerges for a while, then closes, within a dream.” 
― Ernest DowsonThe Poems and Prose of Ernest Dowson

This is a piece done about 95% with the spatula which I have mentioned a few times in my blog. I painted the piece on a wood panel that I had cut down at our local home store. I had the wood left over from some furniture that I built for my studio in January. I gessoed the wood on all sides with a gray gesso to seal it then painted the sides and back black so it can be mounted easily in a floater frame (or other if you choose). I love this piece and it definitely commands attention among all my other studio pieces.

I have to give a shout out to my friend and teacher Donna Noice for sharing a photograph from one of her classes that I was unable to attend. It's not exactly like the picture but pretty close. She has given her permission for me to share it with you.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...