Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sturdy Rose Stock

© A.K.SIMON - Sturdy Rose Stock - 10x10" oil - $125 

SOLD

A few years ago I planted some beautiful roses. Long story short - they died. Don't know what I did but they just wouldn't survive. About two years later this plant started growing along the fence and bloomed with these beautiful little white flowers that smelled just like roses. The plant grew like a weed and I was constantly trimming it back (notice I said "was" - I had to get rid of it because walkway interference and thorn issue). After doing some research I found that it was the sturdy stock that all hybrid roses are grafted too so they will thrive. The amazing thing is that it waited two years before resurfacing. It was such a natural fit putting these sturdy flowers in this beautiful "earthy" colored pot (thanks Donna). 

I used my rubber blade to paint quite a bit of this painting and my new favorite color, cobalt aqua by Utrecht.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...