Monday, January 13, 2014

Shedding Light


©A.K.SIMON - Shedding Light - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100


Day 13 - 30 paintings in 30 days - http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

Got a new camera and am still trying to work out the intricacies - this picture will get better. I just didn't want to go another day without posting a painting.

Based on this quote: “The sun rises each morning to shed light on the things we may have overlooked the day before.”   Tyler J. Hebert

Isn't this just a perfect quote for artists who paint stills of everyday objects. This plant sprayer sits on a table in my studio. I have managed to kill every plant I have had in there but the sprayer remains. Maybe it's the oil paint fumes. The part of the wooden  box that you see was a gift from one of my husband's friends. It is a hand-inlaid Bible box. He gave the gift to me when I opened my studio/gallery space almost 8 years ago. I have opened that box many times for inspiration in these past eight years.  I painted this with the afternoon sun coming in the window and decided to make it as dramatic as possible. I love drama in paintings - abhor it in life!

Have two other paintings in the works but sometimes I just can't do it all in one day but I am painting every day now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That word just doesn't say enough for this great painting! Very powerful painting for it being so small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, wish I could get a better picture of it though. Looks better in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...