Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Color Rules


©A.K.SIMON - Color Rules 8"x8" oil on linen - $100
SOLD

Day 21 - 30 paintings in 30 days - http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

This painting is based on this quote: An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight... the truly wise person is colorblind.                                                          Albert Schweitzer

This fabric was a nightmare! Another challenging still life set up by Donna for the "upstairs painters".  I would have to say some of the group chose to do other work on this day (you know who you are). Donna said this fabric (I believe it's upholstery fabric) was a gift from one of her students. What was she thinking? I actually think this painting glows in the dark.
It's official, I am the world's worst photographer. I don't know why I am having so much trouble lately but this painting looks so much better in real life. I have decided that this year's resolution is to learn how to take the best pictures of my work. Any advice is certainly welcome. I know I have the right cameras and am trying to use the best light, but I am missing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...