Saturday, January 7, 2017

Radishes in the Raw


©A.K.Simon Art - 7"x5" Radishes in the Raw


SOLD

I apologize for this picture, I'm going to have to tweak this color and clarity. The radishes are more maroon than red. 

This is a set up in my studio using my kitchen towel and some radishes I just purchased. Another study in pattern but this time I tediously painted each section because the busy pattern messed with my brain as far as figuring out the form. The minute I washed all the mud off the tops of these they wilted and the stems broke. Now I have to figure out what to do with all these radishes because we tend to eat them more in the summer. 

Ah ha, found this online just now. I never thought of cooking them because I've only every eaten them raw. Seems you can saute them in butter. May give it a try now that I have a whole bunch.

  

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...