Monday, September 30, 2013

Hidden Hibiscus

© A.K.SIMON - Hidden Hibiscus - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100



I think the hardest thing to do in a painting of nature is to note make it look like it stood up and posed for you. I was playing around in the studio today. 90% of the colors are those that were mixed from the leftovers on my previous palette. I find those make the best grays. Then I just put on the music and tried to focus on it rather than what I was painting and the colors I was mixing. This piece to me is very random, unposed and more of what I want to work on in the future as I'm going to venture back in to some landscape work. 

This is the end to the 30 day painting challenge and I barely "squeaked" this one out in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...