Friday, September 20, 2013

Crimson & Violets

© A.K.SIMON - Crimson & Violets - 10"x10" - $185

SOLD


I really like how this piece developed. I was trying some new techniques of lifting then glazing which I will share when I have a more concrete idea of how to systematically go about getting a consistent result. Red is just so powerful - it's hard to ignore. Once again, Donna is the instigator of the inspiration. One instructor once said, "a painting isn't finished until you add the red." What do you think? There was no "skimping" on the red in this one!

I think this is painting day #20 of the 30 but I've only finished about five paintings. I am painting every day though. My goal this time is to try new techniques and to try to paint some larger pieces.

6 comments:

  1. I love this one! So warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you are a total success. It certainly doesn't matter how many paintings you get finished, but rather the result. All you have completed are lovely, but this one is really special. I love the reds...it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Egretta, these are very encouraging words!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...