Friday, September 27, 2013

Assisted Living

© A.K.SIMON - 9"x12" oil on linen $185

Nothing much to be said here - would these flowers be able to survive in these pots without the assistance of the stake and clip? I don't know but I do know that sometimes we just need a crutch. This title came too clearly to me because I have so many friends and family members right now suffering with cancer. It has been so difficult for them to rely on family and friends for financial and emotional support. I just know that it is so much easier to be the stake than the stem. But that's what life is about, balance. Sometimes your the stem and sometimes the stake but pretty much worthless or broken without each other. This is why I paint. Many times my work is a revelation of a metaphor of living intertwined with the beauty of the energy of life.

Waxing philosophical because of so much suffering among friends and the death of a beloved coach, teacher and friend last week. Sometimes you just "gotta" cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...