Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bringing Fall Inside
# 74

©A.K.SIMON - Bringing Fall Inside - oil on linen - $100




Finished this one about 3 weeks ago and have it framed in black and already hanging in the studio. Seems I can finish them but can't seem to get them photographed and posted in a timely manner. This set up was done by Donna in our "upstairs paint class" and she is always pushing the "challenge envelope". In this case, yellow cloth with yellow mums. The pot reminds me of some ancient Greek pottery. Anyway, this is what I came up with as far as light and dark patterns. I even included the bird statue which I almost never do. 

Anyway, so when I painted this I asked my husband what he thought. He said, "nice vase". So, the other day he was in my studio and said, "hmmm I really like the vase in this painting, did I ever see this one." Really! I'll attribute the comment to his age and not an unmemorable painting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...