Thursday, December 20, 2012

Breakfast with the Hydrangeas
#81

©A.K.SIMON - Breakfast with the Hydrangeas - oil on linen - $100



I did this painting from one of Donna's setups in the Tuesday morning upstairs painter class. There was a candle glowing off to the right of what you see so I tried to keep that strong, glowing light source. Sometimes keeping the light right can be difficult because we have overhead incandescent, window light and the added candlelight in this piece. The goal in this piece was loose, thick and fast. Although the photo does not show the thickness of the paint, it is there. I kept it loose by talking with friends the entire time I painted (well I occasionally listened). This work was finished at the end of class except for some added darkest darks. As always, the painting is much better than the picture. Hydrangeas can be suck "fussy" flowers to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...