Tuesday, April 24, 2012

White Duo and Daffodils
#46

© A.K.SIMON - White Duo and Daffodils - 8"x8" oil on Ampersand Panel - $200 framed

sold 

This work was started a while ago and I finished it on Monday. My original plan was to make it pretty much grayscale with just the daffodils yellow. I started it from life but didn't have the time to finish so I took a picture (it never feels the same to me). I really liked the colors I started with but did not write them down and couldn't remember but I am happy with the softness that came about by switching some things. An artist friend told me, remember when you use gray in your painting it will become your blue (if you aren't using blue). The gray really looked blue so I pushed it a little more to purplish by adding some cobalt violet to the torrit gray in areas (Gamblin's end of the year machine cleaning mix). I am happy with the quietness of this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...