Sunday, March 29, 2015

Orange Pekoe and the Golden Spoon

















©A.K.SIMON - Orange Pekoe and the Golden Spoon - oil on linen $100

SOLD


Quote for today: “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 
― C.S. Lewis

I am not a coffee drinker. However, I do love a cup of good tea and one of my favorites is Orange Pekoe with honey. I didn't set up this still life and what you see is not all that was there. Donna did this on a Tuesday morning long ago and I did start this from life. However, I just finished this in the studio yesterday. There's a great amount of story about one cup of tea in this small piece. Although I don't know her intention, this piece is all about a quiet time with a book and I love the C.S.Lewis quote because I wholeheartedly agree. Have you every intentionally slowed down your reading toward the end of a book because you didn't want it to end? This is especially true for Ken Follet books for me. His characters are so well developed that I feel I need to know more about them. This piece is filled with all the good things of a quiet time. A book, a piece of fruit, the smell of eucalyptus, the jar of honey, the tea cup and Donna's golden spoon. Not to forget the plate that is not for tea spillage as one might think but for the cupcake with towering icing that is just out of sight!

Happy Palm Sunday!

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...