Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Spotlight is Humbling
#71

© A.K.SIMON - The Spotlight Is Humbling - oil on linen - $100


Many years ago I planted daffodil bulbs in what was then a wide open area. Over the years a bush has taken over most of that area and in the spring when the bulbs bloom the daffodils must search for the light. This year they bloomed and I quickly cut them because the stems were so strained. I put this one in a vase by itself because it was so bent over. The sun was coming through the window to the right and the daffodil had the most beautiful glow so I photographed it for future use. The future is now. I guess the moral of the story is that when seeking the spotlight, at times we are forced to bow our heads in humility.

PS: I love blue glass in the light!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...