Thursday, September 6, 2012

French Onion "Wanna-be"
#69

©A.K.SIMON - French Onion "Wanna-be" - oil on linen - $100


I love this painting. Sometimes the lighting is so inspiring you can't help but race to get the paint on. And, in racing to get that paint on, you get some nice brush work. Sometimes (most times) I tend to labor over some area of a painting and lose the spontaneity. It didn't happen in this one so that's why I love it. So it's not such a glamorous subject but I have to say, onions are pretty important staple in our kitchen. I can't think of anything I cook that isn't made better by an onion - sort of like bacon or butter - it's gotta be good with these three ingredients. I'm also making the assumption that these onions want to become french onion soup because I'm just sure that is the pinnacle of desire for all onions. ☺

As an aside, this was done in our Tuesday Upstairs Painters class and this is a fraction of a larger set up by Mary Spires. The light is coming from the window above and behind the onions. Also, it is so appropriate to paint linen on linen. I love the texture on these small Centurion Deluxe Oil Primed Linen panels. I think I'll research some larger ones from the same company. They take the paint to effortlessly if that's what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...