Saturday, May 19, 2012

Columbine Collective
#54


© A.K.SIMON - Columbine Collective - 5x7" oil on masonite - $55


Could there be a more unique flower? Do they remind you of jellyfish?I have always wanted to paint columbine and today I just did it. I cut these from my garden and painted them in the sunlight from the window in my studio. However, since I continually view these in the sunlight (outdoors) I believe I was able to pull off a simulated outdoor feel. The other dilemma was making a composition to showcase the front and back of this flower because they are so unique from either angle. Here is my solution - I think it works. I almost didn't make it though - they are the last two blooms of the season. I think I'll do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...