Friday, August 2, 2013

Rainiers In Season

©A.K.SIMON - Rainiers In Season - 10"x10" oil on linen $375

SOLD


We got kicked out of our upstairs painting loft for a few weeks so the class met in my studio for the past two weeks. Last week I had just finished a big show and didn't have the energy to finish the painting I started on that day. So, what did I do this week? Started another one. I think I have a good start on last week's painting but as my friend says, "that's a good start, don't screw it up." Do you ever find yourself wanting to stop in the middle of a painting because you don't have the confidence that you can finish it as well as you picture it in you mind? After painting for many years I still get that "icky" feeling in my stomach that things are just going to to end poorly.

So, I started this one on Tuesday and didn't get it finished so I made myself finish it today in the studio. My goal was to switch up the composition rut that I seem to be stuck in and place things a little more random. This setup was in the middle of a large table and the group painted it from their unique vantage point. This is mine - I like it. The plate is an antique on loan from one of Donna's student's, grandmother - it was this beautiful aqua color - perfect for harmony with apricot color.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...