Friday, June 7, 2013

Fresh Fruit

© A.K.SIMON - Fresh Fruit - 8"x8" oil on linen $100

What can I say? It's hard to resist painting a still life when there are these vibrant red fruits with a strong light source. Still painting on linen but I am experimenting with my new blade tool more and more and have developed a few 10" x 10" pieces that really stretch my "edges". One of the pieces is a larger version of this  piece with less decoration on the bowl. I'll share those works on another day. Right now I have submitted them for consideration for the "All Ohio Exhibit" which is at the Zanesville Museum of Art in September. We'll see, you know how that goes! I have submitted before and been turned down - so I'm "on the fence" about getting my hopes up! I don't care how many times I get turned down, I can never accept it without being a little bummed. It has never kept me from continuing to paint so at least I'm not attaching my sense of accomplishment too much on the jurying process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...