Friday, April 12, 2013

Only The Best For You

©A.K.SIMON - 8"x8" oil on linen - $100

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. When you're gonna have the best juice you just have to bring out the pretty glasses and make a big deal of the experience. Why is it that we only bring out the nice glassware when we are serving someone else - as if we don't deserve it for ourselves?  My husband drinks his juice from a wine glass - which is really funny when considering how humbly we both were raised!

I picked this section out of a larger still life because I am always looking for relationships of objects and how we combine them in our everyday lives. I almost threw this in the "closet dump of could-have-beens" when I decided there is something about the simplicity that I like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...