Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Black-Eyed Susan
#64

© A.K.SIMON - Black-Eyed Susan - oil on linen - $45


There was obviously much more to this set up than I included in this piece. Somedays you show up to paint and you don't really show up to paint - do you know what I mean? I didn't really study the scene and make a plan before I started this one. I was bellyaching about being lethargic because I'm sick of the heat this summer and not interested in tolerating another "scorcher".  Funny thing is by the end of this one I was satisfied with the outcome. There is no doubt what this painting is about - I like simple and direct. So I guess the moral of the story is, "somedays just showing up is all it takes." One of my favorite sayings is, "just show up and shut up." Good advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...