Saturday, July 14, 2012

Jaded with the "Unjaded"
#62

© A.K.SIMON - Jaded with the "Unjaded" - oil on linen - $100



Some ideas for paintings just click from the minute you see the scene. I really liked this set-up by Donna Noice on Tuesday morning - of course it's not the whole scene, just my take on a part. There was this fabric in the background that was "camo-like" and it started the wheels turning about life, death and becoming more jaded the longer we live. Here was the jar, which I don't think really was jade but my mind went there and the eggs a symbol of potential. What do you think? Will they become jaded - probably (sorry that's my jade talking).

I really like this one because the light is just the way I want it and there are also some edges I really like. For the first time in a long time I started with a stark white canvas, went to a tone of gray green immediately though then blocked in the shapes to get the composition I wanted. The setup really would have looked nice on a long horizontal format but I only had squares with me. May revisit this one with a different canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...